Advisory Committee accepting applications for FY 2019 State ATAX funding
The Town of Seabrook Island State Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee is currently accepting applications for FY 2019 State Accommodations Tax (SATAX) funding. Interested applicants must submit a completed applications to the Town Clerk by noon on July 3, 2018. Applicants must also attend the SATAX Advisory Committee meeting on Tues. July 10, 2018 at 9:00 am.
State ATAX funds must be used to attract or provide for tourists, and cannot be used for any item that would normally be provided by a county or municipality. Eligible projects include:
- advertising and promotion of tourism so as to develop and increase tourist attendance through the generation of publicity;
- promotion of the arts and cultural events;
- construction, maintenance, and operation of facilities for civic and cultural activities including construction and maintenance of access and the nearby roads and utilities for the facilities;
- the criminal justice system, law enforcement, fire protection, solid waste collection, and health facilities when required to serve tourists and tourist facilities. (The amount of the expenditure is required to be based on the estimated percentage of cost directly attributed by tourists);
- public facilities such as restrooms, dressing rooms, parks and parking lots;
- tourist shuttle transportation;
- control and repair of waterfront erosion; and
- operating visitor information centers.
For additional information regarding eligible ATAX expenditures, please refer to the SC Department of Revenue’s official advisory opinion contained in SC Revenue Ruling #98-22.
A responsible person from the submitting organization must attend the SATAX Advisory Committee meeting on July 10, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. to present the request (limit to five minutes) and to answer questions from committee member.
Actions taken by the State Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee must be approved by the Seabrook Island Town Council before funds may be committed to the applicant or dispersed by the Town.
For more information, please contact Faye Allbritton, Town Clerk, by phone at (843) 768-9121 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.