TOWN OF SEABROOK ISLAND
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
The Town of Seabrook Island Board of Zoning Appeals will conduct a Public Hearing on Thursday December 28, 2022 at 1:00PM at Seabrook Island Town Hall (2001 Seabrook Island Road). During the meeting, the board will consider the following request for variance from the Development Standards Ordinance for the Town of Seabrook Island:
- APPLICANT: The Club at Seabrook Island
- ADDRESS: 1701 Long Bend Drive
- TAX MAP #: 149-01-00-001
- ZONING DISTRICT: RC (Recreation)
- CODE SECTION: §2.5.B.1.c (Fence Material) and §2.5.B.1.g (Fence Height)
- VARIANCE(S) REQUESTED: 1) a variance from DSO Section 2.5.B.1.c, Fence Material, to allow the use of chain link material for the construction of fencing associated with four proposed pickleball courts, 2) a variance from DSO Section 2.5.B.1.g, Fence Height, to allow the construction of 10’ tall fences to surround four proposed pickleball courts.
The meeting will be open to the public. Documents relating to the variance request may be viewed at Town Hall during regular business hours or by clicking the link above.
Individuals who wish to participate in the Public Hearing via Zoom may access the meeting as follows:
- Instructions for Joining & Participating in the virtual Public Hearing
- To join by computer, tablet or mobile device: Click Here
- To join by phone: Call (646) 558-8656 *Please note that long distance rates may apply*
- Meeting ID: 892 6264 9834 Passcode: 433315
Submit a Written Comment
Individuals who wish to submit a comment in advance of the Public Hearing may do so in writing by 12:00 pm on the day prior to the meeting using one of the following options:
- Online: Please use the Online Comment Form below
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or Hand Deliver: 2001 Seabrook Island Road, Seabrook Island, SC 29455
Watch Live Stream Video
The meeting will be live streamed on the town’s YouTube channel beginning at 9:30 am. Click here for Live Stream.
For more information, please call (843) 768-9121 or email email@example.com.
Submit an Online Comment
The Board of Zoning Appeals will accept online comments on Variance #179 until 12:00 PM the day prior to the meeting (Monday, December 27, 2022).
All comments received through this portal will be forwarded to the Board in advance of the public hearing. Any individual submitting a written comment may also attend and speak at the scheduled public hearing. Comments will not receive a written response, but may be addressed or discussed by the Board during the public hearing.
Please note that all comments will become part of the public record and may be subject to release under the requirements of the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act.
Online Comment Form
The online comment period for Variance #178 is now closed.