TOWN OF SEABROOK ISLAND
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
The Town of Seabrook Island Board of Zoning Appeals will conduct a Public Hearing on Wednesday October 25, 2023 at 1:00PM at Seabrook Island Town Hall (2001 Seabrook Island Road). During the meeting, the board will consider the following request for variance from the Development Standards Ordinance for the Town of Seabrook Island:
- APPLICANT: Garris Killingsworth (Applicant), Emily Hemsath (Property Owner)
- ADDRESS: 3764 Seabrook Island Road
- TAX MAP #: 149-13-00-001
- ZONING DISTRICT: R-SF2 (Medium Lot Single-Family)
- CODE SECTION: §10.4.B.3 (Oceanfront & North Edisto River Setbacks), § 5.3.B (Residential Setbacks)
- VARIANCE(S) REQUESTED: 1) A variance from DSO § 10.4.B.3, Oceanfront & North Edisto River Setbacks, to allow 626 square feet of permeable walkway to encroach 16'-8'' into the required 30' setback, 2) A variance from DSO § 5.3.B, residential setbacks, to allow 37 square feet of plantation mix walkway to encroach 10'-3'' into the required 30' front yard setback, and 3) a variance from DSO § 5.3.B, residential setbacks, to allow 121 square feet of permeable
herringbone paver walkway to encroach 12'-6'' into the required 30' front yard setback.
The meeting will be open to the public. Documents relating to the variance request may be viewed at Town Hall during regular business hours or by clicking here.
Individuals who wish to participate in the meeting via Zoom may call (843) 768-9121 or email email@example.com for log-in information prior to the meeting.
Submit a Written Comment
Individuals who wish to submit a comment in advance of the Public Hearing may do so in writing by 12:00 pm on the day prior to the meeting using one of the following options:
- Online: Please use the Online Comment Form below
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or Hand Deliver: 2001 Seabrook Island Road, Seabrook Island, SC 29455
Watch Live Stream Video
The meeting will be live streamed on the town’s YouTube channel beginning at 1:00PM. Click here for Live Stream.
For more information, please call (843) 768-9121 or email email@example.com.
Submit an Online Comment
The Board of Zoning Appeals will accept online comments on Variance #183 until 12:00 PM the day prior to the meeting.
All comments received through this portal will be forwarded to the Board in advance of the public hearing. Any individual submitting a written comment may also attend and speak at the scheduled public hearing. Comments will not receive a written response, but may be addressed or discussed by the Board during the public hearing.
Please note that all comments will become part of the public record and may be subject to release under the requirements of the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act.
Online Comment Form
The online comment period for Variance #183 is now closed